Debian is a highly recommended distribution for server environments due to:
- Its Version release philosophy. Debian does not have a fixed cycle to release new versions, but each version is released once the development team considers it stable enough (released when it is ready).
- Packages inclusion policy: only stable and well-tested packages are included.
- Its robustness and stability.
- There are more than 59,000 packages in their official repositories.
- Your installer allows you to perform the installation process in text mode.
- Your installer allows you to customize the installation process which allows a minimal installation, only the base system.
The following video shows how to perform an installation of a Debian server in expert mode.