NGINX is a web server with excellent performance and low memory footprint. NGINX can be used as a reverse HTTP proxy, as a generic TCP / UPD proxy, as a mail proxy server and as a load balancer, today we will install NGINX on Debian GNU/Linux and use it as a generic TPC/UPD proxy.
MySQL is a fast, efficient, secure, stable, easy-to-use, multi-platform, multi-threaded, multi-user, and well-documented relational database manager/server. Currently Oracle guides the development of MySQL, however the community version is available under the GPL license so it is still free software.
- Add a new caching_sha2_password authentication plugin is available. Like the sha256_password plugin, caching_sha2_password implements SHA-256 password hashing, but uses caching to address latency issues at connect time.
- Supports roles, which are named collections of privileges. Roles can be created and dropped. Roles can have privileges granted to and revoked from them. Roles can be granted to and revoked from user accounts.
- Incorporates the concept of user account categories, with system and regular users distinguished according to whether they have the SYSTEM_USER privilege
- Maintains information about password history, enabling restrictions on reuse of previous passwords also it is possible to configure user accounts such that too many consecutive login failures due to incorrect passwords cause temporary account locking.
- Add the new authentication mechanism: caching_sha2_password that implements the SHA-256 encryption algorithm (like the sha256_password mechanism) but using a cache to solve latency problems during the connection process.
- Incorporates several improvements to the InnoDB engine and the JSON data type.
File Browser is an elegant file browser and file manager for the web with the following features:
- Clear and simple interface
- Allows these operations over the files:
- User administration
- You can create multiple users and each user have their own directory
- Easy to install
Debian is a rock solid GNU/Linux distribution with more than 30,000 packages available in its official repositories. Debian is suitable for servers, workstations, mobile devices and embedded systems.
Debian has a simple and clean installation system which allows installing Debian with little effort as long as the number of installations to be executed is minimal, but as this number grows the installation procedure becomes cumbersome and tedious (Please note that during the installation process it is necessary to answer configuration questions and package selection), for example if we want to install Debian in a lab that has 15 workstations, we need to repeat this process 15 times, which is possible , but if we want to deploy Debian in mass, for example 100, 200, 500 or 1000 installations, it is no longer feasible, this is the reason why the Debian developers have created a system that allows automatic or unattended installations starting from a configuration file (preseed).
npm is a package and dependency manager for Node.js
Today we will learn how to install Node.js and npm on Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS and on any GNU/Linux distro.
On November 26, 2020, the PHP development team released PHP 8.0, PHP 8.0 comes with numerous improvements and new features such as:
- Union Types
- Named arguments
- Match expressions
- Constructor Property Promotion
- Nullsafe Operator
- Weak Maps
- Just In Time Compilation
- and more
On December 6, 2018 the PHP development community released version 7.3, which incorporated new features, here some of them:
- More Flexible Heredoc and Nowdoc Syntax
- Array Destructuring supports Reference Assignments
- instanceof Operator accepts Literals
- Trailing Commas are allowed in Calls
- PCRE2 migration
- Performance of the Multibyte String extension has been significantly improved