GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a free and open-source raster graphics editor used for image retouching and editing, free-form drawing, converting between different image formats, and more specialized tasks.
GIMP is released under GPLv3+ licenses and is available for Linux, macOS, and Microsoft Windows.
In this guide I show you how to create a heart with GIMP, following simple steps.
Note: This tutorial is inspired by Easy Heart Tutorial
1. Open GIMP
2. Create a new image pressing Ctrl N
3. Create a square
5. Press Ctrl Shift N to create a new transparent layer.
6. Press R to activate the rectangle selection tool.
9. Select a foreground color, for example: #ff420e.
10. Press Shift B to activate the Bucket Fill tool
13. Press E to activate the elliptical selection tool.
14. Repeat 6.
15. Match the circle and the image size.
16. Repeat 9.
17. Click on the circle to fill it.
20. Move the circle layer up 50% up.
23. Menu Layer > Merge Down, repeat 3 times.
24. Press Shift R to activate the rotate tool.
25. Rotate 45 degrees.
26. Menu Image > Fit Canvas to Layer.
27. Menu Image > Flatten image.