Termux is a terminal emulator for Android and a minimalistic GNU / Linux environment. Termux installs a minimum default base system allowing additional applications to be installed using the apt package manager. Termux does not need your phone to be rooted to run.
With termux you can:
- You can access a remote server using ssh via openssh, dropbear or putty
- You can install your preferred shell: BASH, Zsh, fish
- Use your preferred text editor: emacs, vim, nano.
- Install a graphical environment like XFCE and use a graphical editor like Geany, emacs-x or vim-gtk.
- Install programming languages like Python, PHP, NodeJS, Go Lang, Rust and more.
- Install web servers like Apache and NGINX.
- Build applications using llvm.